[thelist] Web mail application

Kevin Martin evolt at brasscannon.net
Fri Oct 12 12:38:57 CDT 2001

>> From: "Roee Rubin" <webdesign1 at irubin.com>
>> Does anyone know of a good, open source web mail application written in
>> Perl or PHP ...
>>
> From: "Tim Wickberg" <twickbe at sover.net>
>
> I personally like the look and feel of IMP, availible at horde.org. One
> set-back though -- you do have to install the horde system first.

Aha!  NOCC (sourceforge.net/projects/nocc/) has most of IMP's power but
does not require a database or Horde; it speaks IMAP and POP, it is
standalone, written entirely in PHP, and very simple to install (if *I*
can do it, *anybody* can).

Also fairly simple to give it a "skin," if that matters to you.

Only major lack is an address book, and if someone here wanted to
add that you would earn serious 'props' from the Sourceforge folks. :-)