[thelist] using ssh and cvs at sourceforge.

Richard Bennett mail at richardinfo.com
Sat Oct 13 20:49:16 CDT 2001

Hi,
I'm having a really hard time setting up CVS access using SSH to a developer
account at Sourceforge, on Win2000. Maybe someone here can help out?

I have set up SSH (ver 1.2.14), including env. variables, and can access my
account doing this:

    ssh -l richard_bennett dynapi.sourceforge.net
    password:

shows account info+ this:

     Disk quotas for user richard_bennett (uid 54797):
     Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
grace
           /tmp                        0     1024     5120                 0
500     1000
           /home/users/r      56   10240   12888              14   10000
15000

I have setup CVS version 1-11, in the ssh/ directory, and set a "HOME" env
variable to c:\home.

If I try to checkout a module like this:

C:\home>cvs -z3 -d:ext:richard_bennett at cvs.dynapi.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/d
ynapi co dynapi

I get these errors:
Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/r/ri/richard_bennett: No such
file or directory
cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/home/users/r/ri/richard_bennett): No such
file or directory

The faq states this:

You need to ssh into your account on the CVS server once before attempting
to use CVS for the first time. Sshing in will cause your home directory to
be created.

But I thought that was what I did in step 1.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Richard.

How do you guys keep coming up with these tips?
A last feeble offering:

<tip type=graphics>
To take a quick screen-shot in windows,
hold [alt] + hit [Print Scrn] for the active window,
or [Ctrl]+[Print Scrn] for the whole desktop.

then open PSP or other graphic program, and hit [Ctrl]+[v] to paste
screenshot.
</tip>