[thelist] Just an Introduction, Hello World

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Oct 15 09:54:17 CDT 2001

Joel, Phill - welcome to thelist :)

take your time to get a feel for everyone and jump in when you think the
time is right.. In the meantime, check out
http://lists.evolt.org/index.cfm/a/listinfo to learn more about thelist
including <tips>, general guidelines, and links to thelist archives..
looking forward to hearing from you both soon.. welcome again, and have
fun :)

<tip type="PHP installation">
When re-compiling PHP on a Unix system, make sure you keep a copy of
what features you're compiling in. Its easy(ahem) to recompile PHP
without including features you may have had in a previous version,
making users upset.. the best way to do this is too look at
config.status file which copies the options you last used when compiling PHP
</tip>

.djc.