[thelist] a mailto: tag with standard text in actual e-mail message

Karen Bowen karen at miinx.com.au
Mon Oct 15 19:19:34 CDT 2001

Using mailto: to format a whole email is not recommended, as its
implementation is different in the various browsers, so you cannot guarantee
everyone will see what you want.  You're far, far better off to format your
email using a server-side script, if you can.

Also, as far as I know, you definitely can't facilitate the sending of an
attachment via a mailto: link, so if that's what you're trying to do, you'll
definitely want to look at a server-side processing script for this.

HTH
Karen