[thelist] The future of XML

jay.blanchard at thermon.com jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Tue Oct 16 11:07:17 CDT 2001

<snip>
If this is the case, then I do not forsee myself being a web developer for
much longer as I am not about to adapt the way I code to someone elses
standards...
</snip>

That's an awfully "high & mighty" stance to take, especially since you have
been coding (I hope!) to HTML standards...er, um....specifications for a
while. Do you use PERL? JavaScript? ASP? All "someone else's specifications".

XML is a data definition language, not a mark-up language. XHTML 1.0 is the
Wc3's first foray into bridging the gap between mark-up and definition.
Will you have to learn it? Only if you want to remain in this career field.
If you wish to move into another portion of IT then XML will become an
important part in your arsenal of data manipulation tools.

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face...

Jay Blanchard
Web Development Manager
Thermon Manufacturing Company
1.512.396.3801 x327

<tip>Hate having your screen all split up in UltraDev? You have a choice in
the VIEW menu...you can select CODE only or DESIGN only or CODE & DESIGN
(which divides the screen in half horizontally)</tip>