[thelist] way OT -- keyboard woes

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Wed Oct 17 12:36:52 CDT 2001

Before you by a new keyboard (keep in mind, folks, that $12US is
$120,995.84CN) try this:

Disconnect the keyboard. Go somewhere you don't mind spilling (the driveway,
or the neighbor's vegetable garden.) Pour a liberal amount of rubbing
alcohol in the keyboard. Swirl, as if panning for gold. Pour it out and let
it dry.

If it's still dead, buy a new one. Or, if you can find a genuine IBM from
about fifteen years ago (with the 10 pound steel backing plate) grab that
and use it forever. They don't die.

spinhead