[thelist] Script Time Out in ASP

Don Makoviney DonM at allensysgroup.com
Wed Oct 17 13:34:47 CDT 2001

Can't you just use the CDO built into IIS?

I send out 300+ emails at a time using it and it works fine. I also have had
to manually up the timeout using Server.ScriptTimeout, but it works just
fine.

I know some ISPs turn off the IIS SMTP for security purposes - but if they
don't, you may as well use it.

I wrote a brief article about using CDO here:
http://www.makovision.com/m/tr.asp?l=1687

HTH,

MAKOVISION.COM - Handpicked Internet News For Web Developers
http://www.makovision.com/

FREE Usability/WebDev Newsletter - "Cutting Through The Crap"
http://www.makovision.com/subs/