[thelist] Script Time Out in ASP

David at softv.net David at softv.net
Wed Oct 17 13:42:37 CDT 2001

SendToQueque would be a good idea for sending out mass mailings.
Another option is that most SMTP components allow you to specify many
recipients as the "To:" parameter.
Your present logic is as follows:
1) Get ALL the email adrresses
2) loop through the recordset, sending an email for the current record

You're creaing a mail object for each email - thats 300 objects!
yikes...

Perhaps try sending out an email for every 10, 20, 30 recipients as
multiple recipients.
As a simpler solution, try moving your object creation and destruction
outside of the loop, so that you are not creating it so many time.

<%
David Mitchell
Web Developer
david at sofTV.net