[thelist] Re: long urls in email

TRG java_fella at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 13:58:37 CDT 2001

Yes, unfortunately the particluar email client may
wrap it for you.

Certain web-based clients have their own link
accounting and redirect "rules" which cause your links
to break when they get past the 64 character limit.

Also, image hosting domains such as Akamai, etc.. have
the same problem due to their5 particular link
accounting systems.

You can look at our article set on HTML Email at"
http://www.templatekit.com/htm/art for more
information on HTML Email & Link Accounting.

Hope this helps,

Tom
www.templatekit.com