[thelist] css w/ Navigator

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Thu Oct 18 10:29:33 CDT 2001

Adam,

> 1) I have a cascading style sheet and I'm trying to use it to format input
> form fields and buttons.  I put the following in the file:

    Trying to format any form field in Netscape is problematic, and usually
impossible. The best advice, unfortunately, is don't bother. There was a
thread on this a week or so ago, so be sure to search the Evolt archives if
you want all of the gory details.

> 2) My IE browser seems to be putting space before and after a form,
creating
> unwanted space between it and surrounding elements ubove and below (image
> and text, respectively).  Any trick to get this to not happen?  Here's the
> code I'm using:

    Yes. Use CSS to set the margin of the form element to 0, e.g.:

form {
  margin: 0px ;
}

James Aylard