[thelist] Definition of what ASP is?

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 10:59:49 CDT 2001

Hi FayceC

Not stupid at all.  If you see software as the product of programming, then
you've already answered your own question ;)  I certainly consider that what
I produce now are applications rather then websites.  It just so happens
that they use HTTP to communicate between the client and server.  This
certainly seems to be the growing trend within literature targeting ppl
working on the backend.  With the move away from scripted server side
applications to compiled backend applications (ie JSP/ASP.net) the
difference between traditional and web-based applications becomes smaller
and smaller.

Norman