[thelist] Sub Contract Work

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Oct 18 23:10:52 CDT 2001

karen,

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
> From: Karen Bowen
>
> There is an American lawyer who has a great site with
> heaps of info (although not Aus. specific) but I can't
> recall nor find his name, sorry! Maybe someone else
> knows who I'm talking about?
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

you're probably thinking of ivan hoffman.

http://www.ivanhoffman.com/

don't go to his site looking for design ideas, unless it's inspiration for
what *not* to do.  don't email him with any ideas about getting an actual
usable response.  he'll merrily point you to articles on his site that
slither subtly into a sales pitch.  gotta love the lawyer types.

that being said, there is alot of useful info at his site -- if you can read
it without the sales pitch making you sick to your stomach.

he used to be quite prolific on a couple of discussion lists a year or more
ago.  he'd be silent for quite some time until someone would bring up a
legal issue and he'd trot out links to articles about that issue.  if he was
the least bit slow someone else would save him the trouble and post the
links themselves.  it was really quite fun to watch.  i haven't seen or
heard anything from him in some time though.

good luck,

.jeff

http://evolt.org/
jeff at members.evolt.org