[thelist] Operating Systems

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Oct 19 09:10:07 CDT 2001

All my primary Windows machines are 2000 now, servers and workstations. I
could crash Win98SE three times a day, and NT4 at least once a week (I'm
hard on computers, I guess.) I've had a total of about a dozen crashes in 18
months between the three systems I use the most. My current primary machine
has been more stable than my G4 Mac (good hardware helps; I buy all mine
from Dell.)

NT4 to 2000 is tough on admins, though; EVERYTHING has been moved so
sometimes it's hard to find where you do what.

spinhead