[thelist] your opinion solicited on coding specs I requested from contractor

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Oct 19 09:19:58 CDT 2001

this basically looks good to me. I'd quibble with some details, but as a
general guideline I like it. You might consider also things like use of
<P> (or <br><br>.. something I see a lot of), and closing all container
tags. And titles on each page, and a comment with author's name and
email.

Perhaps also no nesting tables more than 3 deep. (there may be
exceptions, but like all of this, you can deal with them as exceptions)

And mandate that all pages/output be tested in a core set of browsers. I
tend to say develop for NN4, test in IE5+ as a minimum. What gets my
goat is when people develop in IE5, then when they're done, start
testing in NN4 (or better yet not test at all).

hth
Sam

> logical directory structure
..
> page structure must be flexible
..
> page size
..
> modular code
..
> compatibility
..
> technical coding constraints
..
> all images must have width, height, border, alt attributes specified
..etc..