[thelist] Operating Systems

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Oct 19 15:10:00 CDT 2001

Ron White wrote:

> but since this was my biggest beef with 2000 (lack of hw drivers)
>
> Uh, what?!?! I have had absolutely no problems with getting Win2K drivers
> for ancient hardware, hell most came with the OS...

Consider yourself lucky :-)

My NT4 -> W2K upgrade resulted in

	scanner    - dead
	sound card - dead
	tape drive - dead

My wife's Win98 -> W2K upgrade (on a much newer box) resulted in

	built-in sound - dead
	ATI video card - "unsupported beta" driver only

Not impressive ...

(In spite of that, W2K has been more stable than NT4, but certainly
 not *perfectly* crash-free; there are still Blue Screens ...)
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --