[thelist] SiteServer troubleshooting resources?

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Oct 19 17:23:04 CDT 2001

I've been fighting with SiteServer 3 for a few months. Can't seem to get all
the files indexed, or find what I expected when they are indexed. I've
created a network user which is in the backup group to do the indexing, and
when I try to access all the content thru Explorer all is fine. But only 1/4
of the files I expect to be indexed show up (I'm searching the file
structure for the same file extentions SiteServer is indexing.) In another
catalog, there are more files in the index than what I'd expect, but certain
searches just don't return what they should (uncommon stuff; not noise
words.)

I've been thru the docs over and over again. I'd hate to burn a support
incident at M$ but I'm out of ideas (and time.)

Anyone know of good online resources; especially a real straightforward
config routine which I could compare to mine?

Thanks.

spinhead