[thelist] zope cms implementations?

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Fri Oct 19 17:27:14 CDT 2001

> I found it easy to give CMF a unique look. i went into the portal_skins
> folder and copied over a ton of methods from the generic control and content
> folders and then cleared out all the tables and other crap (i hate tables).

I guess I'm just having trouble understanding what the pieces do and how
it all fits together. At what point is a basic page layout defined, and
how do I make variations on this.. and how do I give a look/feel to
individual sub-templates/ or areas of a given page, or views of a
particular content object.. Maybe my question is the best clue to how
clueless I am. Is the very high-level object architecture documented
somewhere, somewhere that says these are the pieces, here's what they
do, here's how you go about creating more or customizing the existing
ones?

[more browsing]

ah.. now the xhtml templates proposal makes more sense to me.
http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/XHTMLTemplatesProposal
And this also tells me why I wasn't understanding the current
architecture in the first place - it's awful! (from a separation of the
presentation layer point of view)

thanks
(I really liked http://zettai.net/ and http://cyklotron.com/ btw)

Sam