[thelist] Operating Systems

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Sun Oct 21 12:15:14 CDT 2001

On 21 Oct 2001, at 4:43, Poojie posted a message which said:

> Windows 2000 has been the most comfortable OS I have worked with in...
> well... forever? It's been stable, the driver support from the vast majority
> of hardware manufacturers is quite decent (especially now, 2 years after it
> was released... any companies who don't have support for it yet are lazy,
> lame or both).

Yeah, sure. I have perfectly good hardware with 32-bit Windows drivers.
I'm supposed to throw it away and buy something new and buggy
because Microsoft can't be bothered to support 32-bit Windows drivers
in 32-bit Windows?

Sun's new beta of Office is starting to make Linux look more and more
acceptable as an operating system for the desktop. The other thing
that keeps making Linux look good is Microsoft. At this point, the
biggest stumbling block is finding an email program half as good as
Pegasus.

deke