[thelist] Operating Systems

Poojie poojie at dccnet.com
Sun Oct 21 16:00:35 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "deke " <web at master.gen.in.us>

> Yeah, sure. I have perfectly good hardware with 32-bit Windows drivers.
> I'm supposed to throw it away and buy something new and buggy
> because Microsoft can't be bothered to support 32-bit Windows drivers
> in 32-bit Windows?

I don't understand your point here. How would Microsoft force you to throw
out your hardware? What is new and buggy? Windows 2000? WinXP? 32-bit
drivers _are_ in fact supported in Windows -- it's not even an issue of
support b/c with a 32-bit operating system, everything needs to be either
32-bit or 16-bit emulated. The only devices that would require 16-bit
emulation are old ISA cards. Could you be refering to the 64-bit release of
Windows XP (which is completely seperate from the standard 32-bit release
and requires a 64-bit CPU, etc...)?

Poojie