[thelist] off topic: Dell monitor power saving options

E. Partee epartee at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 22 14:17:40 CDT 2001

Friends:
Sorry for the OT post, but this is a dumb and frustrating problem.
Earlier today, I
was visiting an office and I sat down in front of a machine with a Dell
P780 monitor.
I started up Win2000 and right before the part where you log in, the
monitor
blacked out. I pressed a few buttons on the monitor and the message I
got was
"monitor is in powersave mode..." I pressed all of the keyboard keys and
mouse
buttons and various nearby buttons, but I wasn't able to get a picture
on the screen.

That is a damned annoying *feature*. What does this mean and how do I
get rid of
it? Its not my computer but I'll probably be using it frequently over
the next couple of
days.

TIA for any assistance