[thelist] off topic: Dell monitor power saving options

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 22 14:40:07 CDT 2001

To turn it off:

Goto Start > Control Panel > Power Options

Then where it says "Turn off Monitor in 20 minutes" set that to never.

ted

> That is a damned annoying *feature*. What does this mean and
> how do I get rid of
> it? Its not my computer but I'll probably be using it
> frequently over the next couple of
> days.

<tip type="css">
For more effective cross platform style sheets, specify text sizes in
pixels. This way, each platform renders the fonts the same height, where
as rendering in pts causes Mac fonts to be much smaller then their
Windows counterparts.
</tip>