[thelist] bulletin board for intranet?

Don Makoviney don at aspalliance.com
Tue Oct 23 04:17:28 CDT 2001

> Just a thought: could it lead to employees using someone else's
> computer/ip to post flamatory topics, under someone else's name?

Naw, not really on ours. We have something we call the "TechExchange" that I
built in ASP- which is sort of like MetaFilter format - but for our company
only. We are a worldwide company and have about 1500 people using it 24
hours/day. We post everything there from SYstem Upgrades and planned
outages, to press releases and announcements. All the information is
searchable. It works great. I can send you screenshots if you like. Just let
me know.

We keep track of everyone by their NT NetworkID, and join their netowrk ID
to their name in our company phone directory - and so it logs who is posting
automatically, without the user having to do anything. This way the
inflammatory comments are kept to a minimum. We've never really had a
problem with it.

HTH,

Don Makoviney

MAKOVISION.COM - Handpicked Internet News For Web Developers
http://www.makovision.com/

FREE WebDev/Usability Newsletter
http://www.makovision.com/subs/