[thelist] Stopping Printing in IE 5.5

Ron White ronwhite at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 23 10:19:04 CDT 2001

Not this tired subject again... If its on the web it can be stolen, if
someone wants it bad enough, learn that lesson and save yourself a bunch of
heartache.

Thanks,
Ron White

> I am trying to find a way to disable any
> and all printing using IE 5.5 on Windows
> so as to show read-only documents. It is
> not difficult to block off regions of a
> page, but I would rather stop printing
> altogether. Does anyone have any ideas?

This is so tilting at windmills as to be ridiculous. Your "read-only"
document gets downloaded to their hard drive when they view the page. They
can then do whatever they want with it...