[thelist] External Javascript files + PHP

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Wed Oct 24 23:54:53 CDT 2001

Hi All

Maybe I'm doing something entirely too stupid, but, I can't seem to
get a external javascript file, linked via the src="foobar.php"
attribute of a <script> tag, to work when there's php code in the
external javascript file. i.e., the external file has a few <?php
blah blah blah ?> lines in it which I'm using to populate a
javascript array with data from a MySQL table.

Has anyone had to do this before? I keep getting javascript source
code errors whenever I attempt it.

I'd much rather not have all this junk filling up the header of every
page on the site, but inline javascript in the html header seems to
be the only way that works at the moment.

Help!?

Andrew
--
Andrew Forsberg