[thelist] External Javascript files + PHP

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Oct 25 00:18:10 CDT 2001

"Lindsay Evans" rightly asked:
>do you have a url we could look at?

Funny thing is, when I tried it out in isolation so I could give you
an url, everything worked fine. It's just when I dump this
particular, much larger, script into an external file that
something's going wrong -- and it's hard to work out quite what's
choking it because the error message just relates to the <script
type="text/javascript" src="blah.php"> line. Weird that it works
inline, but not externally. If I have time I'll try a process of
elimination.

"rudy" added (with typical rock-of-ages' wisdom):
>>the external file has a few <?php blah blah blah ?> lines in it which I'm
>>using to populate a javascript array with data from a MySQL table.
>
>why not stick just those few lines inline?

You know, this path of least resistance schtick feels a whole lot
less like a cop-out when you're up for a nasty deadline. Cheers!

--
Andrew Forsberg
---