[thelist] css positioning...within <td></td>

Gerenday, Perry (P.) pgerenda at visteon.com
Thu Oct 25 15:51:23 CDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: McAtee, Malcolm [mailto:MMcAtee at philamuseum.org]

 > I am trying to integrate this css positioned elements within
 > an existing
 > table-based layout
 > I have tried creating a continer <div> to hold these as
 > seperate elements w/
 > mixed results any suggestions...

Malcolm,

It's not clear to me what you are trying to accomplish. Was my earlier
suggestion off the mark from what you are looking for? If you are using CSS
positioned DIVs they can be placed anywhere on your page, including
overlapping other objects. You can "nest" DIVs like this:

 style="position:absolute; top:10px; left:0px; visibility:visible;">

	 style="position:relative; top:0px; left:0px; visibility:inherit;">
	 Hi</div>

	 style="position:relative; top:0px; left:0px; visibility:inherit;">
	 G'day</div>

The "parentDiv" can be absolutely positioned while "childDiv1" and
"childDiv2" can be positioned relative to the parent and visibility can be
inherited from the parent.

Is that what you're looking for?

Perry Gerenday, Visual Communications Artist
www.virtually-artistic.com