[thelist] CSS Classes and good old NS4

Gerenday, Perry (P.) pgerenda at visteon.com
Fri Oct 26 13:11:36 CDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: David McDonald [mailto:davem2 at bigpond.net.au]

<snip>
 > I would like to know if the following is acceptable when
 > naming classes in CSS:
 >
 > .header.breadcrumbs
 > {color:#333333;background:#cccccc;font:7pt/7pt
 > Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif}

Hi David,

I've got a couple of questions.

* What does the declaration "font:7pt/7pt" do? Why the slash and double set
of numbers? Granted my knowledge is limited but I've never seen this before.

* If .breadcrumbs is {color:#333333;background:#cccccc;font:7pt/7pt
Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif} -- Where are the declarations for .header?

 > Then in my HTML, I have a <div class="header"> and within
 > that <div> is a class called 'breadcrumbs'.
</snip>

Perry Gerenday, Visual Communications Artist
www.virtually-artistic.com