[thelist] redirect all traffic to new server

Richard Bennett mail at richardinfo.com
Mon Oct 29 19:27:16 CST 2001

Hi,
I have two old servers, that are still accessed frequently from bookmarks,
and I would like to redirect all the traffic to my new server now.
I would also want to send the url the user tried to access, with the
redirect, so I know what page to send the user to on the new server.

All servers are running Apache, and PHP.

As an example, a user might type in :
http://www.richardinfo.f2s.com/dynapi/php/examples.html

I want them to arrive at :
http://www.richardinfo.com/examples/php/examples.html

Could I completely empty the old server, and have apache route all traffic
to the new server, showing the original URL as referral url?

Thanks,
Richard.