[thelist] Automatically Size User-Loaded Images

Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM
Tue Oct 30 07:57:03 CST 2001

<snip>

You can programatically discover the size of images using
the ImageMagick library, accessible from most programming
languages.

I've got it running on my site:
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/pics/dropbox/
as a folder where I can just drop images, and there's a Perl
script which calls ImageMagick and builds the image list.

</snip>

Nice page!  Cute baby.

Thanks for the info.  It looks like the site is going to be on Windows
platform.  I'm now going to research ImageMagick, as this looks like a good
solution.  We're basically creating a web-enabled app, part of which will
have the functionality for users to upload a picture of their product.  We
want to sell this as a turn-key solution to a rather targeted market, so
keeping everything as simple as possible for the end-user is our ultimate
goal.  I see us basically using this as a way to limit the image size so
that it doesn't create horizontal scroll-bars, etc.

Thanks for everyone's help, it is greatly appreciated.

-Ron