[thelist] recommended hardware for Red Hat 7.1

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Tue Oct 30 21:01:22 CST 2001

At 05:58 PM 10/30/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>In your experience, what would be the minimum machine you'd run RH7.1 on and
>be happy? This would be a 'learner' machine, not running powerful apps.
>Probably want to set up Apache from scratch on at least one (I've admin'd
>but never installed.)
>
>Thanks again.
>
>spinhead

Hmmm, it was my old 64 mb K6-2 300 mhz with a 1 gig hard drive.  Ran fine
until the cpu fan died and the cpu became a puddle one night :-(
<tip>
If you want to stay on top of Microsoft updates for windows and you don't
want your 9x machine crashing a lot, then don't install the "critical
updates notification" as it leads to system instability in 9x.  Just
remember to visit MS once a month or sign up for their security bulletins.
</tip>
Now it's on my second hard drive on my K6-2 400 mhz 256 mb.

Peter Kaulback