[thelist] asp regexp/substring

Mike Hardaker mike at angloinfo.com
Wed Oct 31 05:53:20 CST 2001

Hi Lez

No reference to hand, I'm afraid.

However, you didn't originally specify that the referring URL *would* be a page
on your own site... :-)

Even so, there *are* times when the referrer won't be passed correctly - I
believe that proxy servers are the major culprit, but I don't have chapter and
verse on that. (To be honest, I just know that the whole business is
untrustworthy, and never bothered to find out *why*.)

If it *is* a page on the same site, I'd stick with session variables, the
querystring (if you're not too bothered about search engine compatibility *or*
people being able to see the process) or hidden form fields (which, of course,
aren't really hidden if someone does a "view source").

Cheers,

Mike

Mike Hardaker
Founder & Publisher - AngloINFO