[thelist] Elevated user access for PHP exec ?

Cameron McCormick lordcutter at telocity.com
Wed Oct 31 06:52:56 CST 2001

Im looking for some way to run a php exec or something similar as a root
user (this is for a special application, so I'm not going to hurt security
doing this), from what I can gather it is running as httpd from exec'ing a
whoami. What would be the best way to let it run as root? is there a config
change that needs to be made, or is there something that can be done to the
command itself? any help is appreciated.

Cameron