[thelist] XHTML validation question

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 31 12:14:33 CST 2001

Hi, Ya'll.

Having picked up the tip from an Evolter, I have taken a liking to
descriptive end tags -- great for readability, especially for nested tables.
Example:

However, after just validating pages at W3C, the HXML1.0 Transitional
validator did not take kindly to these descriptors.  Don't want to replace
these with <!-- Comments -->, as I use those too.  And, the additional ones
would just be too cumbersome for my taste.

Any thoughts?  Know of any disasterous results of just letting these slide?

Tyme