[thelist] upsizing to/developing for SQL server

Alastair Murdoch alastair at cubeit.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 18:11:09 CST 2001

I'm looking for some opinions on the best procedure to take.  I have a
client who host their own site and have an NT4/IIS4 and SQL server installed
on-site.  Unsure exactly what server spec (official response was 'a big
one') but I'm guessing it's that SQL server is one version back from the
most recent, 6.5??

I'm trying to decide on the best method of developing a fairly
straight-forward database for them.  First though is access and them
transport to their server and upsize OR install the 120 day trail version of
SQL server(msde) i've got on a separate box and develop it that way.  The
problem I'm having with this is how do I then transport the database to
their server??  Not having used SQL server before and being on a very tight
schedule I haven't got much time to 'play' with this so if anyone has any
experience with the upsizing tools, good or bad, or would do things
differently I'd appreciate hearing about it

cheers

alastair

A l a s t a i r   M u r d o c h
c o n s u l t a n t  @  c u b e