[thelist] difficulty with Autorun for CDs

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Wed Oct 31 19:11:23 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed" <emagin at onebox.com>
Subject: RE: [thelist] difficulty with Autorun for CDs

> This is of interest to me as well. Trying to create a Flash CD-ROM that
will
> run on Mac and Windows, so any information on this or links would be very
> interesting.

Although Flash for Windows can publish a Mac executable, I have never found
a way to write it to a mac compatible CD. My research indicated that it was
ultimately far easier to output the win and mac exes on a Mac copy of Flash,
then use the mac to burn the CD with ISO and Mac (HFS?) tracks on it.

Open notepad and type the following:

[autorun]
open=setup.exe
icon=setup.ico

And save it as "autorun.inf". This should be placed in the root directory of
the CD when you burn it. Change "setup.exe" to the name of the program you
wish to autorun, and "setup.ico" to the name of the CD's icon in the windows
explorer (IIRC if you leave it blank it defaults to the err... default :-).
Autorun can only run .exe and .com files.

HTH,
Cheers,

Olly
- www.gnarly.f2s.com -