[thelist] upsizing to/developing for SQL server

Alastair Murdoch alastair at cubeit.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 04:53:11 CST 2001

>i've heard that upsizing from access to sql/server is (a) totally painless,
>or (b) fraught with whoopsies

that's what I'd heard too, not sure yet which I believe :)

>at worst, you can export the tables from access (it's a menu ooption) as
>csv or text files, and load them into sql/server using bulk copy

I looked at that option last night and reckon it's probably the best
considering the limitations I'm under. We're only talking a few tables,
maybe 800-ish rows, it's basically a links database.

cheers

alastair

A l a s t a i r   M u r d o c h
c o n s u l t a n t  @  c u b e