[thelist] IE flashing white when reloading.

roland dunn roland at dunn.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 06:35:05 CST 2001

Another IE question.

I'm working on a kiosk project for a museum where people will use touch
screens, and will be presented information via an IE browser. So, people
will essentially be viewing web pages held locally on that kiosk, so no
remote access at all - instant (or near-instant) loading of pages.

FYI: if you run Internet Explorer by typing "iexplore.exe -k
www.dilbert.com" you get Interner Explorer in "kiosk" mode.

Currently we're finding that in this setup when users flip between pages the
screen momentarily goes white - which as you can imagine really isn't great.

Anyone got any ideas of how to prevent this happening?
Cheers Roland.