[thelist] IE flashing white when reloading.

Richard Bennett mail at richardinfo.com
Thu Nov 1 07:05:42 CST 2001

hi,
You could try using IE page transitions - these first load the new page into
memory, before displaying it. You can choose not to use a visual transition,
or to fade the pages into each other.
See:
http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/wacky/transitions/transitions.html

Also, when using IE locally, it can be interesting to rename your file to
app.hta. This allows running the file locally without security restrictions,
so you can read/write to the local disk, interact with Excell or Access, get
the innerHTML of pages loaded in a frameset etc.
There's a setting "maximized" and border="none" to replicate kiosk mode.
See:
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/hta.html

Cheers,
Richard.