[thelist] CSS

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Nov 12 14:29:42 CST 2001

What's handy about turning "alt" text into a tool tip?  Or maybe I'm
misunderstanding.

Being too lazy to look at specs right now, my recollection is that
alt is supposed to be an ALTernative to the image, not a tool tip,
nor additional information.  Text INSTEAD of image.

The "title" attribute is SUPPOSED to be a tool tip.  It is SUPPOSED
to be "additional information" for an HTML element.