[thelist] URGENT AND CONFIDENTIAL

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue Nov 13 08:17:27 CST 2001

> <tip type="ColdFusion">
> If you want a development version of ColdFusion Server 5.0,
> download the
> trial version and let it expire after 30 days.  After
> expiration, it turns
> into the single-user version.*

> * However, according to sources at Allaire/Macromedia, you
> are only allowed
> to use the single-user version if there is a registered
> version of CF Studio
> (any version) on your machine.  If you think this is silly because it

I just want to confirm this. You are only allowed to use the single user
version if you have purchased CF Studio.

HOWEVER - this is only true for Studio 5, not earlier versions.

p.s. I won't say anything more on the subject of it being silly... my
sources say that they're going to do the right thing.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus