[thelist] Protecting your code from viewing

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Nov 13 16:36:30 CST 2001

> If ever we have a FAQ for questions asked on thelist, this should
> be on there. It seems to keep cropping up every couple of months.

hi madhu

great idea

how about a tongue-in-cheek faq for web development that gives nothing but
one-line answers to the more famous questions

along the lines of http://hyweljenkins.com/support/mfaq.htm but removing
the abusive replies to discussion list newbies and substituting the more
well-known answers such as

   -- because you have white space in front of your </td>

   -- use .htaccess to parse html as well as shtml documents

   -- http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/hiermenus/,

   -- view-source:http://example.com/basic.css

   -- http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/jargon.html#foo

   -- <table width="100%" align="center"> doesn't make sense

   -- http://bosrup.com/web/overlib/

   -- put your <form> ... </form> around the table

   -- http://allwhois.com/

   -- because your </table> tag is missing

   -- http://www.extsearch.com or http://www.wotsit.com

   -- remember, <p> is a *container*

   -- http://members.evolt.org/jeff/code/preload_n_rollover/

   -- screenX=300,left=300,screenY=50,top=50

   -- http://webdeveloper.internet.com/management/manage_fix_www.html

   -- http://www.netcraft.com/whats/

well, that's enough for now, i'm sure y'all can come up with some more,
remember they should be one-line answers to common web development
questions

rudy