[thelist] checking if session objects exist (ASP)

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Thu Nov 15 14:49:39 CST 2001

Guys,

I am storing an object as a session variable (yes, know the pitfalls), and
I need to test whether it exists. I was hoping to use either
Session.Contents or Session.StaticObjects, but my reference book says
<quote>
"Using these two collections, Contents and SessionObjects, you can loop
through the session variables stored in a user's Session (except for
session variable objects created on an ASP page."
</quote>

Is there a way around this? Will simply initialising the object in the
global.asa file work?

-marc