[thelist] Canadian Registrars ?

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Nov 15 14:55:44 CST 2001

Hey Folks ......

A couple of weeks ago .. someone complained about domainsatcost.ca for a
Canadian registrar, and asked if anyone has any better options who they
would recommend.

Well, I need that info myself now .... anyone have it?  The archives are
turning up empty.  :(

I'd also like to *warn* others against domainsatcost... I just got off the
phone with them and I'm extremely pissed off at their policies and BS .. so
much so, I'm going to contact CIRA and see what they say.

Not only have they (domainsatcost) made a usability nightmare of the
registration system on their web site, but they are no longer offering a
secure server to accept credit cards.  Ok, I forgave them that the last
time, as I had noticed the missing "secure site" logo, BEFORE I entered my
CC number .. but not this time.  Anyway, I'm talking to them on the phone,
trying to figure out how to get out of the mess of a loop of errors I'd
found myself in, and I asked the support person if he could take my CC
number now, while I have him on the phone.  And, his response was, "it
doesn't matter, all I'll do is enter it on the insecure form anyway".  ????
<sigh>

Anyway, rant over ... if anyone has recommendations, greatly appreciated.
:)

TIA,

Michele