[thelist] WinXP vs. MacOS X HTTP_USER_AGENT strings

Henning evolt at webmediaconception.com
Thu Nov 15 20:20:55 CST 2001

Hi Evolters, I hope there is a quick answer to this:

I don't have access to my raw server logs, so I grabbed a CGI script to
track hits. This script doesn't yet know about WinXP, though. Neither do I.
So in order to add this to the script I need to know what to look out for.

Can someone tell me, or point me to some resource to tell me,

         - what user agents currently run under Windows XP?

         - and what their HTTP_USER_AGENT strings are?

Oh, and while we're at it:

         - what user agents currently run under MacOS X?

         - and what are their HTTP_USER_AGENT strings?

Thanks for sharing
Henning