[thelist] ie (and netscape?) caching problem for dynamic content

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Sun Nov 18 05:53:01 CST 2001

Here's a few lines of code that use various commands to force as many browsers
as possible to always use the latest version.  Those who use phpMyAdmin will
recognise them : )

    $now = gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s') . ' GMT';
    header('Expires: ' . $now);
    header('Last-Modified: ' . $now);
    header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate'); // HTTP/1.1
    header('Cache-Control: pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0'); // HTTP/1.1
    header('Pragma: no-cache'); // HTTP/1.0

As with all headers, the standard "Make sure that you don't have any content
already sent" warning applies.

--
Michael Pemberton
mpember at phreaker.net