[thelist] site check: www.magisnetworks.com/new2002

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Mon Nov 19 20:45:13 CST 2001

http://www.magisnetworks.com/new2002

Hey there.

Let's see. First off, I would move that left hand copyright stuff to the
bottom of the page. It's traditional and that space that you're
utilizing would better be taken up with what you have actually put at
the bottom: news, events and jobs. If you must have a left hand column
(and you might consider not) then put that stuff there. Shouldn't all of
those items be linked up, as well?

It's a pity that the 'Here and Now' can't change. Can the design of the
'here and now' change? Because it seems really uncongruous and not as
polished as the logo.

I don't like the photo. I should be sharper if possible. Got a better
picture? Maybe you could at least futz with it so that the logo is
visible on the chip. For some reason, I thought they were speakers until
I really looked and read the "caption" (which is too far from the
picture) and then looked again to figure it out.

The diagram is pretty good except I think you need to call out that Air5
better. Make it red or something. You might also want to fade, move or
remove the line that crosses over it which outlines the "ceiling".

Also, the rollovers on the text take forever to load. You could preload
the 'on' state to make them faster or just go for text.

Under product the links on that page didn't take me anywhere.

It looks okay but it's lacking cohesion. Stick with the simplicity but
line things up better and just think about your information flow.

What is your flexibility exactly with the "Here and now"? Color? Font?
Background circles? Alignment? Size? It's not working the way it is and
I could make some suggestions if there's room to wiggle.

- amanda