[thelist] site check: www.magisnetworks.com/new2002

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Nov 20 01:09:45 CST 2001

This wasn't too clear. I'll give myself a spanking later. Thanks for
wading thru it and feeding back in spite of my muddiness.

The site's nowhere near done, just at a point that I need to make some
decisions before I pop in the content and make the links live.

Yes, the news items at the bottom of the home page will link to the
appropriate spots, as you assumed they should.

banrett - the font size question came up today. Smaller is probably
going to happen.

Marc, I've been so 'head down' that I didn't even ask that obvious
question. Yup, Air5 will be our product. So, I'll pass your excellent
question along and see what shakes.

Andrew - *sputter* >snort< ouch! My sides hurt! I'm sure glad I didn't
put that TV there! Maybe there's a peep-hole thru the wall. Geez;
obviously the company that did the graphics didn't have a mailing list
they could get feedback from ;)

Re: strong block of color - yup; I think that was a step backwards from
the original, but I wasn't sure how to achieve it and the design folks
aren't being much help. I'll let you know when I've got a mock-up of
your idea; I like it. Don't like the green? I'd really like to get away
from white/blue/blue everywhere, and this green and a pale orange are
about the only changes in the official color palette.

Amanda - agreed on the &copy;/news switch. Our director of mktg has
always done it this way, but I think she's open to suggestion. I've
hated the bubbles (yup; they're supposed to be bubbles) behind the 'H&N'
since day one. If you've got suggestions, dear, fire away. Even if They
don't listen, I might learn something! Re: the rollovers, I'll check my
code. I thunk they was workin' but I'll check again.

Looking at it again, it's clear what y'all are saying about cohesion and
simplicity. I've rapidly moved from junior coder to lead designer, and I
think I'm flailing around just a bit.  Thanks for the feedback.

I'll be back.

joel at spinhead.com