[thelist] Drawing XML Content into URLs in an XSL Doc

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Nov 20 12:53:51 CST 2001

At 12:14 AM 11/21/2001, thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org opined:
>I don't know if this will help you or not, but I thought a working example
>might help you on your way. This is the XML/XSL transformation I use for my
>links list in the right hand sidebar on my site

Ed,

*Please* quote only the portion of the message you're replying to. Don't
leave 3 to 4 messages quoted after your post. Those who are on digest have
to scroll several pages to get to the next message when this happens. I
posted a tip 3-4 weeks back about changing Outlook's behaviour and getting
it to use the ">" character for quoting instead of its default
"-----Original Message----- [blah] [blah]" format.

To save you the trouble of locating it, I'll post it again:

<tip type="Configuring MS Outlook to use the quote character" author="Madhu
Menon">

It *is* possible to configure Outlook to use the ">" for quoted text.
Here's how to do it:

1) Go to Tools > Options. On the Preferences tab, click on "Email Options"

2) There's a dropdown called "When replying to a message". From that,
select "Prefix each line of the original message". There's also an edit box
labelled "Prefix each line with" By default, it's ">"

3) Also click on the Mail Delivery tab and make sure that the message
format is sent to plain text.

4) Click OK.

</tip>

Thanks,