[thelist] Search Engines

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Wed Nov 21 21:46:12 CST 2001

Hi, Sean,

At 04:53 PM 11/21/2001, you wrote:
>What are all the things I need to do to a Web site in order to make it
>palatable to Search engines?

I wrote an article about this for Digital Web a few months back about this:

Designing for Search Engines and Stars
http://www.digital-web.com/tutorials/tutorial_2001-4.shtml

That ought to answer a bunch of those questions for you, and the article
also has some excellent resources.

>How do I go about getting into search engines without paying money?
>
>Is there a quick and easy way?

Check both of these site for the latest on this:

Search Engine Watch (Danny Sullivan)
http://www.searchenginewatch.com/

RankWrite (Jill Whalen, Heather Martin)
http://www.rankwrite.com/

They both offer newsletters packed with good info, and archives at their
sites, too.

If you make it through all that <chuckle> I also have some great resources
at WebsiteTips.com's Search Engine Info section:
http://www.websitetips.com/search/

HTH!

Warmly,
Shirley