[thelist] Scheduled sending of email

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Thu Nov 22 09:25:02 CST 2001

Haven't tried this, but in the SMTP site settings, you can choose the
SMTP server by fully qualified domain name, so ostensibly you could
point to another server there. However, that would use the other machine
for all mail. Don't know if you could add another SMTP domain and choose
between the two. There's also the option for a smart host; if you've got
Exchange  or another mail server running, that can be used as well.

What don't you like about the MSDN suggestion? Sounds like they're
recommending using the mailroot folder the way it was designed.

joel at spinhead.com